If you live in an area that experiences severe weather, it’s important to make sure your roof is in good condition before storm season hits. Here are a few things to look out for:
1. Sagging or drooping – This is usually a sign of structural damage and can lead to leaks.
2. Missing shingles – If you notice any bare spots on your roof, it’s time to replace the missing shingles.
3. Leaks – If you see any water damage inside your home, it’s likely that you have a leak in your roof.
4. Bare shingles – If you notice that the granules on your shingles are coming off, it’s time to replace them.
5. Mold or algae – If you see mold or algae growing on your roof, it’s important to clean it off as soon as possible. Left unchecked, it can damage the roof over time.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to call a professional roofer for repairs. Don’t wait until storm season is upon us to make sure that your roof is in good condition – by then, it may be too late.
– Visibly damaged shingles or roof. If you notice things like cracks, discoloration in the shingles, or they appear loose or curled, they may need to be replaced.
– Especially with Texas heat – you may see an increase in your electric bill. Keep an eye on your bill and if there is a sudden increase you can’t explain, it probably means there is damage to the roof, insulation, and other issues causing your cooling or heating costs to increase.
– Signs of leaking like spots or stains on the ceiling or walls. That could be a sign that there is a leak.
If you’re not sure whether your roof needs to be repaired or replaced, it’s always best to consult with a professional. They will be able to assess the damage and give you an accurate estimate of what needs to be done.
Don’t wait until it’s too late – call us today at (281) 973-4893 or visit our website at https://fixmyroofhouston.com/.